So let’s drink to when it’s over
And let’s drink to when we meet
I’ll be standing on this corner
Where there used to be a street
by Leonard Cohen – The New Yorker
We want you get creative with the idea of ‘A Street.’ A street is a public thoroughfare in a built environment. Think why you want to take it and as much what you are leaving out as what you are leaving in. You can take your picture in a classical Street Photography style or approach it as an Architecture shot.
Interestingly, in London, some councils have launched the idea of adopting a street for the residents to take extra care of their street or of an area they particularly value. Why would you want to take a picture of a selected street? Show us in this challenge your reaction to a street. Do you have a particular feeling or emotion that you might have and why you might like it or dislike it?
How will you show us your emotion to the street? Black and white? Colour? Out of focus? Deep depth of field? Are there street lights? Why do people walk, cycle, use public transport, or drive on this street? Where in the world is it? This is a great challenge for taking pictures at different times of the day or night using different light. Using long exposures or quick bursts to freeze movement. Change your white balance.
Write a short caption that describes why you have photographed this particular moment, what it means to you and why you have photographed it in this specific way.
To be shot and submitted between 1 – 31 March 2017. Submission deadline is 31 March 2017 23:59 UK Time. The winner will be announced on 2 April 2017 together with the theme of new the challenge.
– Submission deadline is 31 March 2017 23:59 UK Time
– All submitted images will be assessed on the basis of creativity, technical quality and coherence with the theme
– Save your image as JPG with 3000px on the long edge and highest image quality setting
– Submit a short 3 line text you want to publish together with your image that describes your idea
– Submissions are limited to one image per photographer and monthly challenge
– You must sign up for the LIoP Challenge in order to submit your image